- I pray that I will stay focused on you today. I pray that You will constantly remind me to be content in all of my circumstances. I pray that You will fill me up that I may be joyful all day, even if stress creeps in. I know that through my contentment, You will be glorified.
- “Not that I am speaking of being in need,
- for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.
- I know how to be brought low,
- and I know how to abound.
- In any and every circumstance,
- I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger,
- abundance and need.
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
- Philippians 4: 11-13
- I still remember the day God lead me to OneLife Church. I was sitting at my computer and I had a strong feeling that I had to go to Powell High School and attend church. I got up and got ready to go then chickened out, thinking I couldn't go to church by myself, I wouldn't know anyone! I sat back down and decided not to go. But the nudging at my heart grew stronger and stronger telling me to go. I was scared, But I got into my car and drove to the HS. As soon as I pulled into the parking lot I was instructed on where to park, when I turned my car off my door was opening, and welcoming me. Walked a few steps and more people greeted me like I was already a part of their family. It was an amazing experience! Little did I know at that time that these people would guide me, love me, pray for me and told me I was part of their church family. That was almost 4 years ago and my life hasn't been the same since that day!
- In those 4 years I was saved and baptized and started my journey with Christ. It's not easy living life the way Christ wants me to, I've failed many times but he was always there arms wide open telling me it's ok, just follow me I will guide you! He has guided me to do things I didn't feel comfortable doing, I was obedient and my heart grew fonder.
- I'm writing this to let you know that following God will change your heart, change your life forever. Life doesn't have to be a struggle, give your life over to Christ and live in peace with yourself and those around you, then speak your testimony to others. My wish is that you will seek him and find a church that will help you grow in your journey, as OneLife has helped me.
- We celebrated our 200th service today and I'm looking forward to learning and growing in the next 200 services with my OneLife family!
Just because you run out of strength and hope and the will to go on today doesn’t mean The Lord won’t give you all you need tomorrow.
- Do you ever just want to sit next to someone and listen to everything they could possibly say about anything ever just because you like their face and their voice and their general existence?
I am impatient.
I am unkind.
I am arrogant.
I am rude.
I am self seeking.
I am easily angered.
God is patient.
God is kind.
God does not envy.
God does not boast.
God is humble.
God is not rude.
God is selfless.
God is not easily angered.
This is why I need God.
“I am the true vine, and My Father is the Gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit He prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in Me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in Me.
I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in Me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from Me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in Me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in Me and My words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to My Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be My disciples.”
Jesus, John 15:1-8
Today is Holy Thursday, also known as Maundy Thursday. On this day, Christ ate the Passover meal with His disciples. On this day He washed their feet. On this day He suffered for our pains and sins. On this day He was betrayed by His friend. On this day He was abandoned by His followers. On this day His chief apostle denied knowing Him.
We can turn to Christ in our deepest agony, because He has walked the hardest road. We can bring our pains before His throne, for He has been acutely pained. We can come to Him with our terrible wounds and festering sores and find healing balm, because He has overcome all our foes and prepared a remedy. We can cry to Him from the depths of our lonely hearts, for He has known loneliness, deserted by all His mortal friends and, at last, forsaken by God. Because His suffering was infinite, His love is beyond measure.
How grateful I am to know that I can confide in and trust in the promises of a being who has known indescribable suffering and has developed indescribable, perfect love!
Holy God, you give us this meal of bread and wine in which we celebrate your great compassion; grant that we may work with you to fulfill our prayers, and to love and serve others as Christ has loved us; this we ask through Jesus Christ our Redeemer, who is alive with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.
I can honestly tell you that I’m SO thrilled that tomorrow is Sunday! I feel like a little girl waiting for the clock to get to my bed time in anticipation for Christmas morning! In the past 3 years I’ve missed maybe 5 services. My seat sat empty last week and I can’t wait to sit there and worship with my family!!
When I Miss church I miss Christ’s power and Presence. God’s manifest glory and power is at work when we get together in obedience and fellowship. In church I can relate and meet with other believers, stand together, hands raised in surrender to God’s Glory!
When I miss church It also hinders my attitude. People who fellowship are more likely to be positive, productive, solid and faithful. Those who don’t fellowship are likely to be negative, destructive and unreliable.
Sunday can’t get here soon enough for me and tonight, I will turn the clocks ahead an hour becase God is speeding things up, just for me!
Come on Sunday!!
We all have times when our plans don’t work out. We get delayed, interrupted, and inconvenienced. It’s easy to get frustrated and fight against everything that doesn’t go our way. But I’ve learned that every interruption is not bad. Every closed door doesn’t mean you’re doing something wrong. Every delay doesn’t mean you’re not where you’re supposed to be. There is something I call a divine interruption where God, on purpose, will delay us to protect us from an accident. On purpose, He will close a door because it’s not His best. Sometimes, God will allow us to be inconvenienced so we can help someone else in need. We have to be willing to press through difficulty so we can be at the right place at the right time.
The next time you’re interrupted, delayed, or inconvenienced, don’t start thinking, “This is a pain. This is getting me off schedule.” No, get a new perspective. Look for what God wants to do because it could be divine interruption or divine protection. Trust Him today because He is directing your steps.
I recently encountered not leaning and trusting in God. After my surgery I didn’t lean on him for support, I was restless and upset that I had so much pain. After my surgery I was reminded by God through 3 different pastors that stopped by my room.
The first was the hospital Chaplin, he came by to see if I needed anything, at first I was hesitant but then asked if he would pray for my pain to go away. He reminded me of what I struggle with daily, PATIENCE AND STRENGTH. He said We receive this patience and strength by being filled with the Spirit. I know that the ultimate source of patience lives within me. My role is to trust that the Holy Spirit does live within me and I need to ask Him for strength to persevere in whatever situation I find myself in. PATIENCE
The second was my pastor from OneLife. It made my day for him to come by with his family. Most of you know how much I love his little girl, Mariclaire. She was a little scared at first then I mentioned I had jelly beans and her little eyes brightened up! While he was praying for me he mentioned the word REST and when they left they said get some rest. I need to remember when I go to God the rest He gives me will be deep, safe, holy, and everlasting. God understands me better than I understand myself. There is a need to recuperate, to heal and restrengthen, and to do those things that make me effective for the good works He has prepared beforehand for me to accomplish, I still need to make sure I take time to rest enough to be effective. REST
The third was a random guy that came through the door acting like I’ve known him for years. Coming towards me with his hand out shaking my hand saying “how are you? I just saw Scooter downstairs. Do you remember me?” I looked at him and said “you obviously don’t remember me either because I think your in the wrong room.” He looked at his little book, face a little flushed and said, “I’m very sorry, I’m a pastor and was making a visit to a church member in room 414 (I was 404). God would never forget me.
In the darkest of times, it is easy to begin to think that God has FORGOTTEN you. I’ve been there. Most of us have. We don’t see His hand, and it seems like everything that is going on goes wrong. We see grief and more grief and we don’t know when it will end. It is at times like these when we must trust God even more. Even when we can’t see Him at work. Even when our prayers return empty. Even when it seems like those that doubt God are right. In those moments trusting God may be the hardest thing to do, but it is the most important. FORGOTTEN
Have PATIENCE in The Lord, RESTING in his arms knowing he will never FORGET you. That night my pain subsided, the nurses came in every 4 hours instead of 2 and I was able to sleep peacefully.
.“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight” (Proverbs 3:5-6, NIV).